Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

"I haven't gotten to that yet."

I've been saying that a lot over the past two weeks, especially at work.  There is so much going on, and so many things happening simultaneously, that it has simply not been possible to keep up.  I was going to use a juggling allegory, but I've decided it's more like having several bonfires going at once--it's all I can do to keep each fire from burning out of control, that I don't actually have time to put any of them out.

Amazingly, I haven't found this to be a very stressful experience.  I'm working as hard and as efficiently as I can, so when I tell my boss that I haven't gotten to something, it's not because of forgetfulness or laziness.  It's because of a simple inability to do everything at once, and I simply can't bring myself to feel guilty about that.

But alas, one of the things that I "haven't gotten to" is this blog.  It's not that I lack for things to say, it's that I don't have much time to say them.  I don't want to just dash something off and post it without thinking it through, which means I've been posting less often that I'd like.

Have faith, fearless readers--I will put my bonfires out and begin pontificating soon,  I promise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home