Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, August 05, 2004

I can't possibly be that important.

Chuck and I were chatting over lunch today (well, as much as we could "chat" while chasing after Owen) about me taking off some time this month. Looking back at my leave records later, it turns out that I have taken exactly 3 days off (not counting sick days) since the beginning of the year. And, I *know* I worked some federal holidays, too. Each of my coworkers has taken at least 3 times as much time off as me.

Now, I know I'm the senior law clerk and my boss likes to have me in the office, but I can't possibly be so vital that I can't take a day off here and there, can I? When did I become such a workaholic? Gah!

Anyway, I screwed my courage to the sticking point and asked for 4 days off in addition to the week I'm already planning to take (which I didn't remind him of in my memo--no sense making him cranky). Let's hope I don't get myself fired.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger Not me said…

    Enjoy your vacation time!

    I have taken 1/2 day off all year. I'll be changing that next week though - I have 10 days off! Woo Hoo!

     
  • At 4:58 PM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    i think i've had one day off (plus countless off days and far too many way off days and a few off the charts days) but i wasted it by treking to atlanta to meet my hot blonde e-pal . . . good thing my wife is ridiculously understanding. there must be shopping sprees and faraway stitchfests in my future as payback . . .

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home