Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Weekend update...

I had Thursday and Friday off, so this is actually my third day of weekend. Whew, we've been busy. Thursday the boys and I played at home (it was pouring rain) while Chuck had some much needed free time (if you can call going to the allergist "free time"). Yesterday, we went on an easy hike on Paris Mountain. I misread the map and we ended up going a lot further than we'd planned, and of course Chuck and I had to carry the boys most of the way back, but I still maintain that it was fun.

Last night I stayed up to watch the opening ceremonies. I made it all the way through to the torch lighting, but I kind of wish I hadn't bothered--the torch lighting part wasn't all that spectacular. To my mind, nothing beats the arrow shot through the flame at the Barcelona games. I got a fair amount of stitching done, though.

Today is another busy one. We did Roper Mountain Science Center this morning (they have a working turn of the century farm that you can visit), and this afternoon Andy and I will be going to a vigil for the Dormition of the Theotokos. Archbishop Dmitri will be in attendance, so I'm a little nervous--this will be my first time to meet an Orthodox Bishop. Since we are a small parish, I will undoubtedly get to speak to him at some point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home