Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Friday, August 27, 2004

Weekly awards...

Silly Kitchen Item of the week: The "tuna press", which is a seive-like object the shape of a standard tuna can. You place the device on top of the tuna and press the liquid out. C'mon, folks, have you ever heard of the LID? It does the same job just as well and (gasp!) it comes free with the can of tuna.

Technological innovation of the week: Electronic filing and document scanning in the federal district courts. I can't tell you how cool and convenient it is to be able to access documents in the district court whenever I want them. A process that used to take days and involved several people now just takes minutes and involves just little old me. Fabulous.

Rant of the Week: Several months ago, the Archbishop of Canterbury was slobbering all over a new "translation" of the Bible in street slang. My friend Stacey expounded on it at length here (scroll down to June 24 posting). Preach it, sistah!

Website of the Week: thinkgeek.com Toys for techo-geeks. Almost makes me wish I were a nerd. Almost.

Book of the Week: "Prodigal Summer", by Barbara Kingsolver. Eloquently written and thought provoking. Everyone in my bookclub had a hard time getting through the first chapter, but stick with it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger Erica said…

    Tee hee, I own a tuna press and use it when I have tuna. Don't laugh, but I cut myself so many times on the edge of the can that I finally bought one. Consider me can-draining challenged! :)

     
  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger Elfinlady said…

    Oh Wow! I have got to get one of those tuna presses! I hate getting tuna juice on my hands when I drain it.

    Cris

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home