Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Cue the "Rocky" theme....

Now I've gone and done it. I've signed myself up for a 5K run on October 16. My goal is pretty modest--I just want to run the whole thing. I figure it will give me a baseline for future races. More importantly, having an actual goal coming up in a relatively short time gives me something to aim at in terms of running. Most training programs for a 5K want you to be able to run at least 6 miles at a shot before the 5K (which is only 3.1 miles). I don't think I'll be running that far, but I can probably swing 5 miles by the Saturday before the race.

Today I ran 3 miles on the treadmill downstairs at my office. I would have run outside, but it looks like rain. So there I am, chugging along and feeling oh so virtuous, when two women who work for another judge in my building come in, change into their running gear, and proceed to go for a run outside, saying, "We might get rained on, but so what?" Hmph. I consoled myself with the fact that they were actually wearing official running clothes (moisture-wicking fabric and all that), which wouldn't be nearly as uncomfortable in the rain as my 100% cotton T-shirt.

And now it is raining. And they're probably still out there. Heh.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    why didn't i figure it out sooner -- running is just a scam for massive clothes purchases. the nutritionist and masseuse must be right around the corner. meanwhile, i bike on he same bike i've had for 13 years now, with shoes that are -- and look -- just as old. . .

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home