Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Cute kid moment...

O has been obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine for a couple of weeks now. He carries a two-inch Thomas (and as many related things as he can) with him wherever he goes. So tonight, O and Thomas are sitting O's high chair, and we give him an ice cream cone. Owen points Thomas toward the cone for a moment (so he's "looking" at it), then faces Thomas back toward himself and says to him, "ice cream"--as though he's teaching him what it is. I will note that he did not actually share his ice cream with Thomas, however.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:47 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Oh, my gosh, how THAT takes me back. DS was obssessed with "Happy Birthday Thomas" when he was 2. We read that book to him SOOOOOO many times that he knew it by heart. He would sit on his push car and "read" it to himself out loud (reciting it word for word!). He would crack himself up on the last page when it showed the picture of Thomas wearing a birthday hat.

    "Silly Thomas!" *lol*

    Glad to hear that O is enjoying Thomas just as much. And thanks for bringing back such a wonderful memory. :)

     
  • At 7:50 AM, Blogger Elfinlady said…

    I vividly remember the Thomas obsession phase as well. DS was about two when he started. We got him the wooden railway thing, and added pieces to it for several years. It's only been in the last year or so that he's really lost interest. My most vivid memory is when he asked for Cranky the Crane for one of his holiday gifts. All of the toy stores were sold out, it wasn't anywhere to be found. Then, I ran up on it by accident at Barnes and Noble. DS was with me, so while he wasn't looking, I quickly tossed it in the shopping basket and covered it with my coat. Managed to pay for it without him seeing, and he was a very happy little boy when gifts were opened!

    Thanks for bringing back the memories! :)

    Cris

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home