Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Sunday, September 05, 2004

I am afraid of geese.

There, I've said it. The truth is out. I am afraid of geese.

When I was little--probably about six--I was feeding geese at a lake near our house while my mom went running on the jogging path. Canadian geese are very aggressive when it comes to food. In no time, I was surrounded by a swarm of honking, snapping geese who were trying to take the bread out of my hand. I was absolutely terrified.

So, to this day I am afraid of geese. We go sometimes to feed the ducks on the small lake at the college near our house. There are a few ducks and a lot of Canadian geese. The ducks come by first, then the geese (and a swan or two) come and chase the ducks away, and you spend the rest of your time feeding geese. When this happens, I spend most of my time shooing geese away from my children, lest they suffer the same trauma I experienced. Today, one of the geese got beyond my field of vision and came around behind me. I do not like geese behind me. Next thing I know, there is Andy, my hero, shooing the goose away and telling it to get back into the water. The goose was almost as tall as he was!

4 Comments:

  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Trish said…

    I don't like birds in general. They freak me out. Must be their beady eyes.

    Hugs

    Trish

     
  • At 12:10 PM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    i don't like spiders and snakes . . .

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh, how sweet of him to protect his mommy! And I don't blame you, I'd be skittish of large birds, too, if that had happened to me.

     
  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Not me said…

    I was attacked by a goose when I was 3, so I hear you!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home