Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Friday, September 03, 2004

Martha-Bob is at it again...

Whenever I get on a home improvement kick, Chuck starts calling me "Martha-Bob Stewart-Villa". Well, I'm at it again, although this time there's more Martha than Bob. I've decided to finally do a little decorating around the house, and I'm starting with the kids' play room. It's over the garage and consists of a large square (probably 12x12) with a sizeable dormer (about 8x12). I'm going to turn the dormer into an underwater scene--light blue paint on the sloped ceiling, for the sky; dark blue paint on the walls, for the water; seaweed stencils, and tropical fish wallpaper cutouts. When I found the stencils at AC Moore, I knew the project was meant to be. I've never stencilled before, but I think it will look really cool.

I'm also doing some stuff in Andy's room. We put his bed up on the bed rails today (up to now it's just been on the floor), and we hung some glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. Next step is a nightstand and some suitable decor--his room already has a sailboat wallpaper border, so I'm going with that theme.

Once I get all that done, I'm going to try to work on the downstairs. I want to paint the kitchen burgundy and redo the downstairs bath. Bwa hahahahahahaa!!!!

4 Comments:

  • At 2:36 AM, Blogger Erica said…

    Oh, WOW, that underwater scene plan sounds so awesome. Please post a picture when you are done...I'd love to see the finished product! Good luck and happy stenciling!

     
  • At 8:54 AM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    Miss Erica:

    Do NOT -- under any circumstances -- encourage her! For now it is just the kid's play room, but she has her crafty spendthrifty eyes on many, many, many other rooms in the house. Not to mention the front and back yards . . .

    sincerely,
    terrified in greenville

     
  • At 11:36 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Hate to disappoint DH, but here's another "Great idea!" I've stenciled before and you'll love it. It's easy, inexpensive, fun, and looks great! When you're done with your house, I'll turn you loose on mine! *lol*

     
  • At 12:15 PM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    obviously valerie is or is married to or has a good friend who is a bankruptcy attorney. or she just doesn't want our boys to go to the colleges of their dreams. or she really doesn't want kir to get that mini-cooper she wants so badly. or she doesn't want kir to finish any of her gazillion stitching projects currently in progress. you stitchers are so cutthroaty!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home