Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Yay, me!

I went running again this morning, despite a blister on my right foot from yesterday. I bandaged it up and wore my cross-trainers instead of my running shoes, and off I went. At lunch I went to the runner's shop where I got the shoes and they gave me some insoles to improve the fit and some sock that are not all-cotton blister magnets like the ones I had been wearing. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

I've really enjoyed getting out the last couple of mornings. It's so peaceful and quiet, and I actually enjoy running. And, of course, it will mean that I have my lunch hours back, which will be really nice.

The other day I read an article by Kristin Armstrong, Lance Armstrong's ex-wife. After they broke up, she started running, and she just completed a marathon. I found her article very inspiring and motivating. If she can train for a marathon while being a single mom of three little kids, I think I can handle the occasional 10K. It would be nice to run a marathon someday, though. We'll see.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    um, aren't you forgetting that the armstrongs have tons of money and support staff? start with a 5K before you buy your plane tickets for beijing in 2008 . . .

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home