Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Saturday, October 16, 2004

I did it!

Today was my first running race--a 5K. I am proud to say that not only did I run the entire distance, but I ran a personal best time, too--29:36. I couldn't believe it when I finished the first mile and the guy at the marker said I'd done it in 9:37. Of course, the first bit was all downhill or level, so it was pretty easy.

The course was beautiful. The race was put on by the Cliffs, a huge residential development for the uber-rich (lots--not houses, just lots--start at $150,000). We went through the woods and then around part of the golf course. Best of all, though, was DH and the kids there to cheer me on at the end--DS#1 was yelling "Go Mommy! Go Mommy!"

3 Comments:

  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Go Kirsten ! ! ! I'm very proud of you! :D

     
  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger Cat said…

    What an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations Kirsten!

     
  • At 11:18 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Congratulations! What a major accomplishment, Kirsten. And best time, too? Yay!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home