Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, November 22, 2004

Blasphemous rumors...

If God has a sense of humor (and if you've ever taken a good look at a manatee, you know He does), He must be busting an eternal and uncreated Gut right about now at all the Orthodox Christians in America who are trying to keep the Nativity Fast during the most gluttonous period of the year. I mean, seriously--I can practically hear the Divine Snickering at the sight of Orthodox all over the country, huddling by the crudite plate at holiday parties because raw veggies (without the yummy ranch dip) are the only lenten item on the table. And alcohol is off limits, too (unless you happen to be Serbian, in which case beer is apparently not alcohol), so you can't even ease the pain. Yep. It's a laugh riot.

All of this is by way of saying that I made cookies for Owen's birthday party at school last night, and I ate waaaaaay too many of them in the process. Because you can't stop at just one, you know. And today is the Thanksgiving lunch for my building--they were deep frying the turkey when I pulled into the parking lot this morning. Gonna be a looooong day.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    Kristen, you can do it! :) I have several friends who are Orthodox. I think I need to learn more about it as I'm not familiar with much of it at all.

    Take care!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Darnell Clayton said…

    Hmm...that is interesting. Well, it is good to see a Greenville Blogger. Happy Thanks giving!

     
  • At 3:26 PM, Blogger Darnell Clayton said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Darnell Clayton said…

    Ok, I hope I am not over doing this blog post thing, but I think you might be interested in this message. Selah!

    Generic message:

    Selah and God bless!

    Blogging is like outer space. Although there may be spiritual life in your corner of the internet universe, blogging as a whole is mostly divided by personal interests and/or political ideals.

    That is why I find it encouraging to find bloggers like you who still dedicate their internet sites to the Creator above. I was rather inspired and created a team blog called One Spirit in order to keep track of the believers out there in the blogosphere. I added you to it's blog roll, but if you do desire not to be on it you can email me and I will take it off.

    If anyone desires to be apart of this team blog (in other words post on it besides me) simply email me and I will add you to the team blog list. You can use it to discuss anything from God, to prayer concerns, to whatever. And if you know any other belivers out there let me know. Selah!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home