Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, November 04, 2004

A meme from me...

It's been too long since I've blogged, so I thought I'd answer these questions that have been making the rounds...

1. What time do you get up? Weekdays, about 6:00 if I'm running, about 6:30 if I'm not. Weekends, 6:30-7 unless DH takes pity on me. No wonder I love naps so much.

2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Now, I could be smarmy here and say "my beloved husband" because I know he reads my blog, but I'll resist. Actually choosing someone is tough. Probably my deceased grandfather, because there are a bunch of questions I'd love to ask him about his life. If it has to be someone currently living, hmmmm... I think I'd pick my favorite foodie, Alton Brown.

3. Gold/silver? Why on earth should I have to choose? I wear both, depending upon my outfit. Gold jewelry probably looks better on me, though.

4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? "The Manchurian Candidate." Not bad, really. It's not like you really have to force me to spend 90 minutes looking at Denzel Washington and Liev Schrieber anyway, but it was still a pretty good movie. Meryl Streep's performance was superb even by her high standards.

5. What is your favorite tv show? Of TV shows currently running, it's probably "Scrubs". DH and I really don't watch all that much TV other than sports. Of shows no longer on the air, "Sports Night." Damn, I miss that show.

6. What did you have for breakfast? A cinnamon crisp bagel with cream cheese and coffee. And too many helpings from the sample plate at the cafe.

7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? I guess it all depends on how big the room is. Assuming we're talking about a relatively small space, I'm going with "someone with the stomach flu."

8. What/Who inspires you?
God, my family, the beauty of creation...

10. Beach, City or Country? Country, I guess. Why isn't "mountains" an option?

11. Favorite ice cream? Starbucks Java Chip, followed closely by Mayfield's Turtle Tracks.

12. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Butter and salt, please. And keep that nasty microwave stuff away from me.

13. Favorite color? I never know. Green, I guess. The warm sagey kind, not the cool limey kind.

14). What kind of car do you drive? A Honda Accord--an old one.

15). Favorite sandwich? Chicken salad. They have really great chicken salad sandwiches at Currant Thymes here in Greenville. After DS#2 was born I had severe anxiety for a couple of weeks, and the chicken salad sandwich at Currant Thymes was the first complete meal I was able to eat.

16). What characteristic do you despise? Arrogance.

17). Favorite flowers? Sarah Bernhardt peonies.

18). What is your dream vacation? My perfect "vacation" would be six months and all the money I wanted, so I could really take my time and see things. I'd probably go to Itally, the south of France, and various places in the UK.

19). What color is your bathroom? Walls are a funky floral wallpaper.

20). Favorite brand of clothing? I don't do brands for the most part. That said, if money were no object I would probably spend a lot of my time shopping at Talbots.

21). Where would you retire? Highlands, North Carolina.

22). Favorite day of the week? Probably Thursday. Thursday is the day when I feel the weekend coming.

24). Where were you born? Arizona.

25). Favorite sport to watch? Golf. Yes, really. Not that I have time to watch any sports at all.

28) Which detergent do you use? Tide.

29.) Coke or Pepsi? Diet Pepsi if it's sufficiently cheap, otherwise Publix store brand (which is actually quite good).

30) Are you a morning person or a night owl? I tend toward being a morning person. I like the peace of the mornings, before anyone else gets up. If I'm out of coffee, however, all bets are off.

31) What is your shoe size? Who wants to know? Oh, all right, it's 8 1/2.

32). Do you have any pets? At last count, two cats (Bosco and Daphne) and a beta fish.

33) Your favorite season? Fall, without question. I love it when the weather starts to turn a little bit cooler.

34). What time is it? Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

36) Nickname? Mommy, Kir.

37) Number of candles on your last birthday cake? 35.

38) Kids? Two boys.

39) Hair colour? Light brown. Really, it's rather boring. I prefer to be a reddish auburn, so it's about time to hit the Miss Clairol again.

40) Tattoos? None

41) Eyes? Hazel. When I was in kindergarten and had just learned that my eye color was called "hazel", my teach dismissed us by eye color. Of course, she never called "hazel", so I was the last one there. It was still many years before I just learned to say "green" and be done with it.

42) How much do you love your job? Depends on what day you ask me. Sometimes I love the work, sometimes I don't. However, I always love the fact that I have a good working environment, great benefits, and enough flexibility to be a mom and a lawyer.

43) Favorite food? Probably whatever I'm eating at a given moment. As a general rule, if it has a creamy sauce or gravy of some kind, I'll eat it.

44) Been to Africa? No, and probably never will.

45) Been toilet papering? Nope. I'm too much of a goody two-shoes.

46) Have you ever been in love? Yes.

47) Been in a car accident? Two. One was my fault, the other was not.

48) Croutons or bacon bits? Again with the choices? Both.

50) Favorite restaurant? Augusta Grille.

51) Favorite non-alcoholic drink? Tea, either hot or iced.

52) How many times did you fail your driver's test? None. I passed (barely, I admit) the first time.

54) Do you sing in the shower? No, but I have been known to yodel in the bathtub.

55) At which store would you like to max your credit card? Probably Williams-Sonoma or Barnes & Noble.

56) What do you do most when you are bored? If I'm bored at work I'll surf the web; I'm rarely bored at home, but if I'm at loose ends because the kids are occupied but will need me again sooner than I can actually get anything accomplished, I'll look at a magazine.

57) Bedtime? Between 10 and 11.

58) Glass half empty or half full? Wouldn't you like to know?

59) If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live? Someplace woodsy and green. Portland Oregon would be nice, but so would the aforementioned Highlands or its surrounding towns.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    yup. she was born in arizona and moved to babylonia . . . and what about that born to cross-stitch tattoo???

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger mabelleamie said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home