Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Sheesh!

I haven't blogged in so long that Blogger had logged me out, which it almost never does. Have no doubt, fearless readers, I will return. It's just that right now I am (a) snowed under at work, and (b) sick like a big dog. Owen got a nasty cold and kindly passed it on to me, and I have apparently passed it on to Chuck, and probably Andy as well. Gonna be a fun weekend.

I'm overdue for a state of the stitching, so here's a brief roundup. I finished the Chatelaine dragonfly freebie and the Mirabilia cherub (which was a Xmas present for my parents, and they loved it). I had also intended to finishe the L&L angel, but I didn't even pick up a needle on that one. I did, however, do some stash organization. Can I just tell you that I love those DMC stitch bows? They're so much easier than winding bobbins.

I've never done "guilt-free January", but I'm gonna this year because my secret stitcher got me a design I've been wanting to stitch for ages. So I'll start it, but I don't know when I'll finish it--I want to do a sampler for my best friend's wedding in May (or maybe June, who knows? They haven't exactly set a date yet) and something for my siter- and brother-in-law, who are expecting their third (!) child in July. And oh yeah, there's that little think about making a Christmas stocking for Owen sometime before he goes off to college ...

6 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    Kirsten, it's great to see you blogging again!

    Take care of that cold and have a good weekend! :)

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Sharon said…

    Holy moley! You are blogging again!

    Great to see you back, and get better soon.

     
  • At 6:15 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Glad to see you're doing ok (outside of the cold that is). Glad to see you back in the land of the blogging! :) **hugs**

     
  • At 11:59 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Hey, Kirsten's back! LOL Glad your stitched gifts went over well. Welcome back to the land of blogging!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, Blogger Elfinlady said…

    Glad to see you back! Hope you feel better soon.

     
  • At 8:06 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Hey there. I hope you're feeling better by now! I've been thinking about you lately and send good thoughts your way.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home