Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

A blog to make my hubby happy.

My darling husband has been bugging me for several days now to get up a new blog entry. But there is always the age-old question: what should I blog about? (Perhaps the poor grammar of that last sentence? Perhaps not.) And, more importantly, do I have anything interesting/funny/snarky to say? That latter one is the real kicker. I sometimes think I have the potential to have a funny and interesting blog, but then I read a blog like this one and I know there is no hope for me. Seriously, go read Yarn Harlot's blog. She's funny, even if you don't knit or aspire to knit. Her recent post about her four-year-old nephew is hilarious (it may help that I have a four-year-old who seems to be an awful lot like Hank. YMMV.)

In other news, I am running again, which is nice. I got out of the habit in January and February, when I was working so hard and the weather was so yucky. Both of these are horrible excuses, of course, but I nevertheless milked them for all they were worth. I've decided to try the carrot-and-stick approach with myself. My "carrot" is a new running shirt if I make my mileage goal for April, which is 40 miles.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous about time said…

    what about that sassy new hairdo of yours?

     
  • At 9:33 AM, Blogger Rani said…

    I totally agree with you about Yarn Harlot. She is was of the best writer's. I'm currently stalking my mailbox for her new book! I'm glad you are posting again. :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home