Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, April 04, 2005

A few thoughts on porcine perspiration.

I just got back from my lunchtime run (3.1 miles, but let's not talk about how long it took to do them), and was sitting at my desk, drenched in sweat. Lovely, I know. Hopefully you are reading this between meals. The thought popped into my head that I was sweating like a pig.

I immediately began pondering the justice of this thought (endorphins at work, dontcha know). Do pigs sweat? If so, do they do so profusely? Is the statement "I'm sweating like a pig" just as unjust as the term "filthy pig"--since we all know that, left to their own devices, pigs are naturally quite concerned about personal hygiene.

Google to the rescue! As it turns out, pigs do not sweat profusely. They don't have sweat glands in their skin, so they don't sweat at all. So there you go--your educational factoid for the day.

Time for me to hit the showers. I'm sweaty like a ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home