Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Hmph.

It's raining. Again. For like, the 18th day in a row (except for those sunny days that were in there, but those are already a distant memory). I don't usually mind rain--I grew up in Washington State, where we don't tan, we rust. But still, this is a bit much. There are permanent puddles in my backyard, and when I went out to look for our lost kitty last night, my feet made squelchy noises halfway up the hill. And I can practically hear all my seedlings screeching "plant us, plant us!" but I don't like to garden in the rain.

Those of you who were paying attention to that last paragraph noticed the mention of a lost kitty. Our younger cat, Daphne, escaped from the screen porch last Friday evening. Except for a brief glimpse of her hindquarters under an overgrown bush on Sunday night, she hasn't been seen since. She is not exactly a brave adventurer type kitty, so I can't imagine where she's gone. Honestly, when we realized she was missing on Friday evening at bedtime, I really wasn't worried. I have never had a housecat get out and NOT end up huddled by the door the next morning. But, alas, there has been no huddling Daphne. I've been wandering the neighborhood in the evenings, calling her name and rattling the treat jar, but no luck so far.

In more cheerful news, we're going to the circus tomorrow! I'm looking forward to it. Andy and Chuck went last year and had a great time. Andy *says* he's going to ride the elephant, but I think he'll wimp out when he actually sees how big it is.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Have fun at the circus! And I hope Daphne comes home soon. {{{hugs}}}

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home