Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Look Ma, no hair!

Ah, spring. The birds are chirping, the bees are buzzing, and boys are bald.

As I was walking through the kitchen, announcing that this was "clean out the garage" morning, Andy proudly informed me the he had put brown in his construction paper "soup." "That's great, honey." Two seconds later, my brain caught up. Brown? He doesn't have brown construction paper. He has red, yellow, and blue. Not brown. Where did the brown come from?

Oh. His head. Of course.

And not just a couple of snips, either. There were two huge bald spots right on the top of his head. Fabulous.

And so we had a session with the 1/8 inch clippers, and now my eldest son is largely bald. I would say he looks like a cancer victim, but that's not true. He looks like he's the kid who caused the lice scare in his school this week. Again, fabulous. I think I'll send him to school on Monday wearing a shirt that says, "It wasn't me."

2 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    Oh no, Kirsten! =( I love your idea of the shirt though. ;-)

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Cat said…

    I think a child cutting his own hair is a right of passage - for the child and the parent.

    I think the shirt is a fabulous idea. lol

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home