Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Ack!

I've been tagged, by two people, no less. (Oops! Make that three.)

The assignment: Pick five things from the list, complete the sentence, and then tag three more people (so, do I have to tag 6?).

If I could be a scientist . . .
If I could be a farmer . . .
If I could be a musician . . .
If I could be a doctor . . .
If I could be a painter . . .
If I could be a gardener . . .
If I could be a missionary . . .
If I could be a chef . . .
If I could be an architect . . .
If I could be a linguist . . .
If I could be a psychologist . . .
If I could be a librarian . . .
If I could be an athlete . . .
If I could be a lawyer . . .
If I could be an inn-keeper . . .
If I could be a professor . . .
If I could be a writer . . .
If I could be a llama-rider . . .
If I could be a bonnie pirate . . .
If I could be an astronaut . . .
If I could be a world famous blogger . . .
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world . . .
If I could be married to any current famous political figure . . .

If I could be a scientist, I would probably be a marine biologist. Maybe it's because I'm a pisces, but I've always been fascinated by the sea and the creatures in it. The other day, in fact, I wasted an hour looking at pictures of the very odd creatures that live in and near thermal vents in the ocean floor. Cool stuff.

If I could be a doctor, I would want to work in the ER. I like to think that I could help people who are both hurt, and probably scared about being hurt. Especially parents of little kids. Having been in an ER with my hurt little kid, I know how wonderful the staff was and how much they helped me get through it.

If I could be chef, I would probably want to be a pastry chef, and I would have my own little cafe that would serve all kinds of yummy muffins and breads at breakfast, sandwiches, soup, and cookies at lunch, and incredible desserts to the evening crowd. I would hire people who need a bit of good luck and teach them skills that they could take with them to bigger and better things (except, of course, a competing pastry shop!).

If I could be a librarian, I would specialize in children's books so that I could give helpful advice to parents who needed it.

If I could be a gardener, meaning a real one instead of the amateur I am right now, my garden would take your breath away. The front half of my back yard would have a path leading to the back half, which would be obscured behind tall trees growing on the hill. The back of the garden would be a wonderful surprise, with patches of sunlight and spots of shade, and interesting things everywhere you looked. I would also grow lots and lots of vegetables to feed the whole neighborhood. There would be flowers everywhere.

Off to tag others. No tags back! :-)

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home