Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Back to knitting content...

I'm going to write about knitting today because the absolute lack of comments to the rant below is proof positive that practically no one reads my blog anyway. I can blather on about knitting all I want, and there is no one here to be bored. Feh.

Anyway, I have knitting stash now, defined as "yarn I have but do not yet know what I am going to do with." You see, I simply must, must, must make a knitted dinosaur or two. So I popped over to a second hand shop yesterday and picked up a hideously ugly baby blanket (how ugly was it? Knit totally in garter stitch, with three strands held together, varying between pink, white, lavender, yellow, and blue. That kind of ugly.), washed it, and began the process of recycling the yarn. Unravelling the thing has been a bit of a project, but I should end up with enough useable yarn for a couple of those dinosaurs. But, there will also be leftovers, even after I throw out the nasty acrylic stuff. Hence, I have stash.

However, I have resolved not to cast on for a dinosaur until I have finished either the baby blanket (which has not been touched since Sunday) or the scarf-type thing. We'll see how long that resolution lasts.

7 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger Not me said…

    Baby blanket? Did I miss something? Is this for you?

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Maybe no one is commenting because you are writing about knitting - seriously, who has anything interesting to say about that?! J/K (I really liked your DaVinci Code post)

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    No, Susan, not for me! The story is buried a couple of posts down--my chrismation sponsor from church is pregnant with their second, and the blanket is for that baby. (Phew!)

     
  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Glenda said…

    Re: DaVinci Code

    As far as I'm corcerned, all that matters is finding the "personal relationship with God" thats works for you. All the rest is window dressing.

     
  • At 6:59 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    Yikes! That's ugly!

    Pssst. Cast on a dino. You know you wanna. C'mon. Just see if the yarn is going to work with those needles. Might not, you know. Then you'll have to go to the LYS and buy some new ones... and oooh. Look at that merino. Yummmmyyy.

    'nuff pusher talk. You are as disciplined in your knitting as you are in your life, which, btw, is something I greatly admire. I'll never measure up, but I admire it! :)

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    I read your blog; oh yeah I still need to add you to my blogroll...As for your DaVinci Code post, I haven't read the book.

    PS You just *had* to go and post about those dinosaurs again. I really want to learn how to knit now!!

     
  • At 8:54 PM, Blogger Jenn said…

    I typically don't comment either, although you're in my Bloglines so I read every time you update (and Blogger decides to cooperate and update the RSS feeds, that is). My feeling is, this is YOUR blog, not mine. And I have a tendency to make everything I write about myself (see, there I go again) and that's not fair to the blog owner. I've got my own blog for my own self-indulgences. LOL

    Now, since I've seen posts with the same theme on multiple blogs (Whiz started something, didn't she? LOL), I'm going to be lazy and cut-n-paste this into everyone's comments!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home