Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Happy day.

Today is Chuck's and my eighth anniversary. One of the things I like about us as a couple is that we almost never freak out about the same thing. If one of us is freaked, the other is calm. It's a nice balance.

The only time this principle didn't hold true was when we found out, two weeks prior to my due date with Andy, that he was in a breach position. That didn't freak either of us out (as pregnancy complications go, it's a pretty darn mild one). What did freak us out was when the doctor said, "We'll try to turn him tomorrow. Oh, by the way, that might cause you to go into labor, in which case you'll be having the baby tomorrow, so be prepared for that."

Um, yeah. We were kind of NOT prepared for that. Neither one of us. We got home and just sort of looked at each other for a minute, and then Chuck said he needed to go biking. I said I needed to do laundry and get all the junk out of the crib where we had been storing it, figuring we had plenty of time to put it away. He has his stress relief, I have mine. It all evens out.

Happy Anniversary, sweetie!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Thanks for sharing such a cute story.

    Happy Anniversary!! May you have many, many, more.

    Sarah

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home