Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, May 30, 2005

My first knitting pics...

Here is my progress on the baby blanket so far ...



I am very pleased with how it's turning out. The yarn (Dreambaby DK) has been very nice to knit with, and I am still totally in love with the color. I'm actually a bit surprised that I'm not bored with it, since I've been doing the same pattern (k10, p10, repeat to end, k10) forever. I just wish it would grow a bit faster.

Also, here's my scarf for the Dulaan Project:


Yes, it's freakishly wide. I cast on 15 stitches, which didn't seem wide enough, so I added 5 more, which still didn't seem quite right, so I ended up with 25, which, it turns out, creates a freakishly wide scarf. By the time I figured this out, I was a good five inches into the thing, and I couldn't bear the thought of ripping it out. I'm guessing it will go to someone in Mongolia with a very long neck.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:29 AM, Blogger Rani said…

    Love both projects, Kirsten. Especially the baby blanket. I really like that color too.

     
  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    I love the baby blanket!

    And your freakishly wide scarf can hang out with my freakishly long scarf (that'll teach me to guesstimate the length of something while working in the truck!)

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Anonymous tom baker said…

    Please finish my new scarf soon! The Dayleks are running amuck again.

     
  • At 12:19 PM, Anonymous tom baker said…

    Ooops, I forgot the specs:
    http://www.doctorwhoscarf.com/

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home