Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, June 27, 2005

Gratuitous cuteness

aka, party pics. Just a few, some of which were taken by special guest photographer Andy.

First, the cake:

There are two things you will notice about the cake (other than its really cool "Madagascar" theme, which Andy loved). First, it is huge. This is my fault. Chuck dutifully ordered a "half-sheet" cake, per my instructions. Evidently, in bakery parlance "half-sheet" means "roughly twice the size of anything you could bake in your puny little home oven." Silly me. We fed every kid at the pool (some of them twice) and still had a ton left. Not that I am complaining--see the next paragraph.

Also, there is the fact that it is not homemade. I do not feel the least bit guilty about this, and if you have ever tasted a cake from Publix, you will understand why. When people bite into a piece of Publix cake, their eyes roll back in their heads and they say, "Oh my God, you got this from Publix, didn't you?" and you are immediately the best hostess that ever walked the face of the earth. All hail the Publix cake. (For the record, Andy will get a homemade cake for his actual birthday.)

Here is a close-up of a slice of cake, courtesy of our Special Guest Photographer:

Andy also took pictures of his lunch, his juice, and the pole for the table umbrella.

And, he snapped this:

That's the back of his friend Jonathan's head. I think Andy was going for some kind of avant-garde, post-modern kind of thing.

Of course, after several hours at the pool and the general merriment that ensued there, our party guy was a bit wiped out: Gratuitous cuteness alert!

The absolute adorableness of my big guy cuddled up with a stuffed kitten totally makes up for the fact that this nap caused him to be awake until almost midnight.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:31 PM, Anonymous Melissa said…

    I love Andy's work! Very avant-garde.

    How can your big boy be *5*? I swear, it seems like yesterday that he was born...

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home