Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Marshmallow.

I am a total, complete marshmallow on the inside. I just finished reading "My Sister's Keeper," by Jodi Picoult, and I cried like a baby. I sat here, weeping into my tissue, and hoping nobody would come to my office or call. Like I said, I'm a marshmallow. It makes me feel better that the author's 12-year-old son was so upset after he finished reading the book that he left the room crying and wouldn't talk to her for hours.

Go read this book, especially if you're a mom. Or a dad. Or a sister. Or a brother. It is wonderfully and empathetically written, and my heart broke for each and every character, in each and every chapter.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Melissa said…

    I just started reaind it on Monday and am about half through. It's killing me... I (of course) don't know the end, but right now I'm looking at Ursula, thinking about what would happen if she ever got sick and it's killing me...

     
  • At 2:07 PM, Anonymous Melissa said…

    I finished reading it this morning (after staying up late last night). I was like "okay, it's sad, but I'm okay with it", so I kept reading. So here I was, sitting at the kitchen table watching Ursula eating her pancakes and I was crying. I gave her a big squeeze and a kiss and prayed that she will always be healthy.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home