Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Ah, the (delicious) irony.

Remember how I started a new diet yesterday? When I got home, my birthday present from my best friend was awaiting me (yes, it was a bit late, but Kelly is a busy woman). It was .... wait for it ... a creme brulee set--five ramekins and a mini blowtorch. I have wanted my own mini blowtorch forever, but it's one of those things I would not buy for myself, since I don't do creme brulee all that often. Well, never, in fact.

But now, I'll be taking a flamethrower to the place. Kelly helpfully included a "foolproof" recipe from her friend John, which is the one I will try on Sunday. Sunday happens to be my "day off" from the diet, which means that I can eat what I want within reason. So, Sunday dinner will be roast chicken & veggies, rice, and creme brulee for dessert. Mmmmmm.

An even better thing happened last night--Evan was born, safe and sound. I need to get cracking on the baby sweater--we'll be heading up to New Hampshire in just a couple of weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home