Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, July 11, 2005

Guilt blog

It's my first day back at work after a week off, so blogging time is short. Gotta catch up again, you know. So, just a few brief highlights:

(1) The kitchen is transformed. It looks fab-u-lous. Even Chuck likes it, and for him to compliment a home renovation project (knowing the potential for spawning other such projects) is pretty big. Pics later.

(2) The first annual retreat of the Ghetto-Stitching Floss Lickers was a roaring success. I can't remember the last time I voluntarily stayed up until 2:00 in the morning. This weekend, I did it twice. There was laughter, there was chocolate, there was stitching. Woohoo!

(3) Duchess is settling in nicely (she is much less afraid of the children than Daphne was, which bodes well), but the poor dear has a nasty cold. She is at the vet right now, getting all fixed up. Bosco will likely get some meds too, as he was sneezing last night.

(4) On Saturday I bought the Fall 2005 issue of Interweave Knits, primarily for the sweater on the cover. Sweaters like that are the reason I wanted to learn to knit--gorgeous and unique. There are several other designs in there that I like. I will be interested to see what Queer Joe thinks about the designs when he reviews the magazine, as he no doubt will. Like Mikey in the Life cereal commercials, he hates everything (well, almost everything). There is some bad stuff in this magazine, but there is also some really cool stuff.

(5) My nephew's sweater is moving along--I'm past the armhole decreases on the back, and I'm starting the pattern stitch today. Again, pics are forthcoming.

Okay, it's back to work for me. Have a good day, y'all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home