Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Friday, August 26, 2005

1, 2, 3, 4...

Our vacation, by the numbers.

2280 Approximate number of miles traveled (Greenville-DC-New Hampshire and back, with a side trip to Cape Cod).

11 Number of days in our trip.

4 Number of days devoted exclusively to travel.

8 Number of family/friends visited.

4 Number of beds slept in.

0 Number of times Chuck and I slept in the same bed.

3 Number of nights I shared my bed with my two year old.

8 Number of times said two year old kicked me in the head while sleeping.

5 Number of tourist attractions visited (Pamplin Historical Park, National Museum of Natural History, Davis' Farmland, Cape Cod, and Hershey's Chocolate World)

1 Number of tourist attractions that actually interested and entertained my children for more than 5 minutes.

9 Number of meals eaten in restaurants

7 Number of times the restaurant in question was a fast-food place

0 Number of times I ever want to eat fast food again

4 Number of frappes (milkshakes to non-New Englanders) my mother-in-law fed my children during the 24 hours we were at her house.

5 Number of times my MIL offered my children a frappe before noon and/or before any actual food had been consumed.

2 Number of Owen's loveys brought with us.

2 Number of Owen's loveys lost within 12 hours of arrival in DC

1 Number of replacement loveys obtained from the really super cool two-story Target.

I think by now, dear readers, you get the drift. There was agony ("Mommy, make him stop!", there was ecstasy ("They're both asleep."), there was wonder and amazement, there were cousins (who, after all, are way cooler than Mom and Dad). We had a great time, and we are glad to be back.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    It's nice to go on vacation, but it's even better to come home!! I know you're glad to be back.

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Wow! What a trip! So, which was the attraction that actually held their attention? (and hope your feeling ok despite all the head kicks)

     
  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    Welcome home Kirsten! :)

     
  • At 10:22 AM, Blogger ginny said…

    Now that's a vacation. Sounds like you got as beat up as I did.
    *HUGS*

     
  • At 6:21 PM, Blogger Elfinlady said…

    I bet it was Davis' Farmland that held their attention. If not, my second guess is Hershey's.

    I know you're glad to be home. I think you're really brave to take on an 11 day vacation. I couldn't do it.

     
  • At 11:27 AM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    dingdingding! Elfinlady wins the prize--it was Davis' Farmland.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home