Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I give up.

For the past week, I have frantically been trying to finish the wedding sampler--late nights, much gnashing of teeth, etc. Unfortunately, the frogs came to visit. Many of them. Last night at 11:30, as I was frogging three days' worth of work, I had an epiphany: I will not be finishing this thing in time to get it framed. Although I can do many things, I cannot bend the space-time continuum in order to create the number of hours necessary for me to finish this thing in time to get it to the framer's before the wedding.

So, my goal now is to finish it before the wedding, show it to Kelly and Graham, and then bring it back home for framing. I am really, really disappointed about this, but it's my own fault--I should have worked on it more this summer, when I had time. But, in my defense, this summer when I had time Kelly and Graham weren't sure they were ever going to solemnize their relationship, and in any event there was no indication that they would pick a date only six weeks out.

Even though it's my own fault, I am naturally angry at the piece itself. How dare it betray me by not being easier to stitch? (I know, I know--because beautiful and easy/fast do not go together. Hmph.) So now I don't want to work on it at all. I want to pout and make it feel rejected for putting me through this. So it's going to be in time out for a little while. I think I'll work on a nice, easy scarf instead.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've done that with a wedding gift before and the couple was equally as thrilled as if they had received it finished and framed. I even showed it to them half finished. So don't stress about it. It will be gorgeous when it's done! - Kari

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    I'm sure they'll be pleased at the time and effort you are putting forth whether it's ready the day of the wedding or a little later. With something that takes this much time and effort, it's definitely the thought that counts.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home