Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Long time no blog

Sorry, dear readers. There has been much busy-ness lately. A quick update...

My mom is scheduled for surgery on October 26. Chemo finished two weeks ago yesterday, and her hair is already growing back. She never really felt sick, just really tired after the last several sessions. She is utterly nonchalant about the surgery, which I guess is a good thing. She doesn't even want me to be visiting while she's in the hospital--she told me to wait until she's home so that we can have fun. So, I'll be heading out there on Oct. 29 for a week-long visit.

Andy is so excited about the upcoming weekend that he can hardly contain himself. He's got Zoo Camp on Saturday--all about dinosaurs, currently one of his favorite subjects. Then we have our annual pumpkin painting extravaganza on Saturday. If everyone who hasn't declined shows, we'll have 26 kids and at least that many adults; I'm guessing the actual number of kids will be closer to 20, but still--gonna be a big party. Fortunately, having done this a few times, I'm not the least stressed about it--this party practically runs itself. And, since Chuck and I are going out to dinner Friday night (with a sitter and everything!), I have an excuse not to make any of the food myself. Wahootie!

And then there's next week, which will be crazy busy between Monday and Thursday, and then on Friday I head to Maryland for a wedding. Phew!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    I'll be thinking of your mom, and you.

    Have a fabulous weekend! :)

     
  • At 1:49 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Hope he enjoyed Zoo Camp. Phoenix loved it when he did it at the zoo here in Atlanta.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home