Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Neener neener

Lookie what I got:



The vastly fabulous Rani has blessed me with two skeins of Lorna's Laces sock yarn in the "Lakeview" colorway. Truly, I am not worthy. Andy latched onto it when I pulled it out of the package, and I must admit that my retrieval of this wonderful stuff was accompanied by a rather possessive and less-than-motherly snarl. I'll make him socks--just not out of this stuff. This is all mine.

In other good news, my mom's surgery went fine. I haven't talked to her yet because she's still pretty doped up.

And last, a little housekeeping. I have been remiss in posting a picture of the sweater I made for my nephew this summer. Here it is:

The pattern is the Fisherman's Sweater from
Oat Couture, knitted in some kind of fingering weight merino. The pattern was great--clearly written, no mistakes. The only change I would make is to make the button holes a little bigger so I could have used a bigger button for more cuteness.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:04 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Nice RAK! And that sweater is just adorable. Congratulations on such a fine finish. Any chance we get to see it being modeled by the owner? :) Hope he is doing well. And so happy to hear about your mom! Let us know what the path reports say.

     
  • At 4:59 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    Wow, I don't think I've ever been called vastly fabulous! ;-) Thanks! Seriously, I knew from reading your blog that you weren't going to be buying any Lorna's soon. And I knew you would appreciate it. =)

    Gorgeous sweater! Love the color and the pattern.

    Wonderful news about your mom. I hope everything continues to go smoothly with her progress.

     
  • At 6:41 AM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    Great news about your mom! And I don't know which is more lovely? The Lorna's or the Oat Couture? what? I'm drooling? It shows? ;)
    Congratulations on the finish and the lovely acquisition!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home