Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A trip to the yarn store...

A photo-blog by Andy.

This is what happens when you hand a digital camera to a five-year-old in the desperate hope that he might allow you to spend a few precious moments browsing in the yarn store....

First there were a few self portraits,

And a couple of pictures of the couch and floor (I have spared you those. For the morbidly curious, the couch is red and the floor is taupe carpeting).

Then there was this fascinating study of perspective, which (my memory card indicates) took numerous shots to perfect:


And, just so you have an idea of what the store looks like, here's a shot of the yarn itself:

This store arranges yarns by color, which is at times perfect (e.g., when I wanted to find red yarn for a sweater for Andy) and at times perfectly infuriating (when I wanted to find a particular brand of yarn in all of its shades).

Diane has, however, separated out the sock yarn; Andy sought me out there...


I sent him away, but not before he caught me fondling the Lorna's Laces ...


Alas, fondling is all I did. Until I am an uber sock-knitter (not gonna happen any time soon), I will refrain from the wonderfulness that is the Lorna's Laces. *sigh*.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:54 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    Funny pics that Andy took. =) Sigh, Lorna's. My favorite sock yarn. ;-)

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    I knew you must have been at Diane's when I saw the cubbies. I like the color arrangement, too. And you should try Lorna's, it's lovely!

    I love the pictures kids take...

     
  • At 1:14 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Not a bad little photographer you have there! Dare I ask about the shoes being on the wrong feet? LOL

     
  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    Oh, you noticed that, Erin? At some point in the middle of the summer I gave up on trying to get him to put them on the right feet. If he doesn't care (and if he's putting his shoes on himself), I don't care.

     
  • At 11:21 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh I totally agree; you have to pick your battles. And yes, I'm a total dork who tends to notice that kind of thing. :)

     
  • At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Sharon said…

    Where is this fab yarn shop?
    The pix are makin me crazy for a yarn shop fix! Once a yarn addict; always a yarn addict!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home