Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

You make my heart sing...

So, I spent the weekend in Maryland attending my friend Kelly's wedding. I had a generally fabulous time, despite the fact that when I left South Carolina it was 85 degrees and sunny, and when I arrived in Maryland it was 65 degrees and rainy, and I had brought not even one pair of socks with me.

Upon arriving at Kelly and Graham's, my "niece" Mara introduced me to the Wild thing that lives in her fourth grade classroom and who gets to go home with the students for birthdays and other special occasions. The wild thing had been invited to the wedding but did not have proper attire, so (Mara informed me) we were going to make him a tuxedo. More to the point, I was going to make him a tuxedo. Um, yeah.

Much to my amazement, I was actually able to craft a garment that somewhat resembled a tuxedo, and after Mara had combed his hair, he actually looked quite presentable:


The wedding was on Sunday morning at Brookside Gardens, in the Japanese Tea House (scroll down a bit). Atmosphere was provided by God and a small army of horticulturists and by Daniel, who knows his way around a Bach concerto.

The ceremony was just lovely, with cute kids,


rings,


and general gooshiness from the bride and groom.


The wild thing, true to his nature, was really only interested in the cake:




This will probably be my only entry this week, dear readers. I'm heading to Bellingham on Saturday (mom's surgery is tomorrow). Thanks to all who have sent cards to my mom. I can't wait to tell her about all the wonderful friends who are wishing her well.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger KariA1 said…

    What great picutures!! I hope all goes well with your mom's surgery!!

     
  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Wonderful pictures. The Wild Thing looks great in his tux, congratulations on your tailoring! Though he might be the worse for wear now if he drank all of that glass of wine...

    Take care of yourself while visiting your mom. Hope all goes well for her.

     
  • At 5:26 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    LOL! Yep, Wild Thing is looking most respectible. Best of luck to your mom. I will certainly be thinking of her tomorrow. {{{hugs}}}

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Cute tux! I hope everything goes well for your Mom tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home