Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Halloween was soooo much fun. Andy and I went trick or treating with my friend Ellie and her two boys. Once they figured out that there was candy at every house with a porch light on, there was no stopping them. "Hey guys! Porch light! aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrghhhhhh!--the pirate-like yell being the sound that emitted from them as they ran across the yard to the front door.

Andy's Robin Hood costume turned out great, if you ask me:


Obviously, though, the people in my neighborhood are not up on their Disney movies, because only one person instantly recognized him as Robin Hood. Peter Pan was one guess (forgiveable, especially since he'd abandoned the bow and arrow by that time), but I'm not sure where that one guy came up with "goblin."

Before heading out into the neighborhood, Chuck and I took both kids over to Publix for their trick-or-treat thing. Owen looked really cute in his Thomas costume, even though you can't really see his face because he wanted Scoop to be in the picture:


But once we got to Publix, he was all about the treats:


Update on my mom: She's doing well, but a bit tired (gee, ya think? After major surgery?).

In tomorrow's episode: someone stop me before I stash again!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger Erin said…

    Oh, the Robin Hood costume is excellent! Sounds like it was great fun, for both boys. {{{hugs}}} to your mom.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home