Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, November 21, 2005

I have the stupidest reason for not blogging lately. Wanna know what it is? Now that I have a digital camera and *can* post pictures in every blog post if I so desire, I feel obligated to do so. So when the batteries in said digital camera have run out, or I don't have time to fiddle with my picture program, I don't blog because I don't have pictures. I know, I know. But that's the way it is.

At the moment, I am deeply enmeshed in a number of things, not the least of which is choosing an elementary school for Andy to go to next year, when he starts first grade. (Begging the director of the Montessori program Andy is currently in to add a first grade (and a second, third, etc.) didn't pan out. But I didn't expect it to.) My current top pick is a languages academy, where Andy can be immersed in French or Spanish for half a day, every day. Andy says he doesn't want to go there, but what does he know? He says he wants to go to "The Publix School," by which he means the elementary school that we are zoned for, near the grocery store. I suspect that his reasons for wanting to go to this school have less to do with the academic program than with some association he has drawn between the school and its proximity to the place where he gets a cookie just for showing up. Like this: Publix=cookie; school=near Publix; therefore, school=cookie. Whereas, my equation goes something like this: 29605=rich zip code; rich zip code=better school; better school + fabulous language immersion program=where Andy will go if I have anything to say about it.

Anyway, they're having an open house for prospective students and their parents on the Tuesday after thanksgiving. I'm hoping Andy will be interested once he actually *sees* the school. In the meantime, I earned some Mommy points by knitting him a scarf with some Jiffy Thick & Quick and size 17 (!) needles last night. He loves it + it looks great = happy me.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    LOL! I love your math, and yes, your equation definitely trumps his on the school. And no, not every post needs a pic (despite what mine often shows, blush). We just want to hear from you! Hope your mom is continuing to do well. {{{hugs}}}

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Anonymous annie said…

    So, where's the picture of the scarf?

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home