Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Synergy

In the immortal words of that guy George Peppard played on "The A-Team," I love it when a plan comes together. (side note about that link--seriously, a shrine? To the A-team? Seriously?) Or, more accurately, I love it when two previously unrelated things turn out to work quite nicely together.

I've decided to have a go at juicing. Health benefits, weight loss, blah blah blah. I won't bore you with my thoughts on the subject of nutritional healing. The problem with me juicing is that I do not have a juicer, and I am certainly not about to shell out big bucks for one until I know this is something I'm going to make a habit of.

So, last night I decided to see what the old Cuisinart could do with a couple of handfuls of baby carrots and an apple. What I ended up with was a mass of juicy pulp, which yielded almost a glass full of juice after I put it into a seive. Quite tasty, and solves my juicer dilemma. Cool.

And then I have this pulp, which is not a problem because I just dumped it into the compost container for later transfer to the compost bin out back. (You never knew I was so earthy-crunchy, did you? I still shave my legs, though.) Then, while the kids ran amuck played, I popped onto the computer to do a little reading about vermicomposting. And it occurred to me, as I formulated my diabolical plan to harness worm power in the service of my garden, that worms would probably love squashed up veggie and fruit pulp. I bet they'd dive right into it. Hmmm.

Synergy. I love it.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger Sher said…

    I have a juicer and am thinking I need to get it out, dust it off and start using it more. Juicing is suppose to be so much more healthier for you and can really get rid of those toxins in our systems.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home