Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, January 30, 2006

B is for Boys

I got two of 'em:



The astute among you will notice that I have actually missed the "B" fortnight, and that I am supposed to be posting a "C is for ..." picture. I'm late because it's taking me ages to figure out what to say about these guys. Seriously, how do I encapsulate in a single blog entry (let alone an entire blog) what it's like to live with these two, and to be (gasp) responsible for turning them into productive citizens?

I am certain, at least, that my neighbor C has no idea. C and her husband have two little girls about the same ages as my boys. I don't know what the girls do during the 1/2 hour immediately preceding bedtime, but I can guess that they are not chasing each other in circles around the house, screaming their heads off (in a happy way, usually) the way my boys are. I know for certain that neither of the girls has broken her arm jumping off the back of the couch. And, I have it on good authority that each of C's daughters has been known to spend several minutes in a row sitting still.

There used to be a time when I would sigh wistfully at little girls all dressed up with bows in their hair. I'm pretty much over that now. I can't imagine having a girl--I wouldn't know what to do with her. My boys are crazy and exhausting (particularly when they are exhausted), but they are wonderful, and they are all mine (well, I kind of share them with Chuck). So there.

In other news, I have escaped Scarf Hell. My mom's scarf is done (again), and this time it is not at all craptastic. And, I have the yarn for the Olympics challenge. And I started my mother-in-law's afghan. Pics of all of this tomorrow.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home