Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

And God said, "Ha!"

First, the good stuff:



My gold medal. Yay, me.

And now to explain the title of this post, which I totally stole from Julia Sweeney. Somewhere around 2:30 yesterday afternoon, things were going pretty well. My cases for the next court term aren't too bad, and I'm decently caught up with other stuff. So much so that I was thinking maybe, just possibly, I could ask for next Monday (my birthday) off. And then one of my coworkers mentioned that she had been in Asheville, NC the previous weekend and had noticed that there were scads of knitting shops. I completely love Asheville, but I haven't gotten to spend much time there since the kids were born. So this thought started blooming in my head... Maybe I could take the day off and spend it in Asheville, browsing around Earth Guild and other fabulous shops, having a yummy Lenten lunch at Laughing Seed Cafe, and generally not being on anybody's else's schedule for a few hours.

Like I said, I had these thoughts around 2:30. By 3:30, no lie, I had a sore throat. By 9:00 I was ready to crawl into bed, where I stayed until noon today. Loss of half a day of work (and the essentially useless half-day I'm putting in now) comes pretty close to precluding taking a day off on Monday. This is just so wrong.

7 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous JudySC said…

    I vote you take off your birthday -it's practically medicinal after working hard and knitting hard and then having to fight off an ugly bug. gogogo - you'll be so happy you did and the work will be there when you get back...

     
  • At 4:12 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    I say take it anyway. How nice it would be to spend your birthday doing something you want. =)

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    You should so take off Monday and go to Asheville. Because now I want to go to Asheville, and I can't! So you must, don't you see?

     
  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    Asheville does have a lot of good yarn shops... If you do get to go, stop at Yarns to Dye For in Hendersonville, also. They have a great selection of yarns.

    Hope you get the day off!

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    ((Kirsten)) seems everyone is getting sick lately. Hope you are feeling better soon and you get an opportunity to take a day off real soon!

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Jill in CA said…

    (((Kirsten))) That sucks!! I hope you are feeling much better soon. I agree that if you possibly can you should try to go to Asheville for your birthday anyway. You work so hard in all aspects of your life and totally deserve a little "you" time!

     
  • At 3:30 PM, Blogger Karoline said…

    {{{{Kirsten}}}} Hope you feel better soon. Some yarn therapy sounds like it could just be the presciption you need

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home