Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Goooooooooold!

Et voila--Branching Out, in all its glory:



Finished it Thursday night, blocked it Friday, wore it this morning. I am very pleased with how it turned out. The pattern was quite easy to follow, and the yarn (KnitPicks Merino Style, in Hollyberry) was very nice to work with.

And, even though I have a ton of other things I *should* be working on, I was unable to resist the lure of sock knitting:



If the needles seem huge, it's because they are, in sock terms, anyway. They're size 3s, which is what is recommended for the Lion Brand "Magic Stripes" sock yarn. I'm crawling before I walk. Sue me. (No, don't really--I'm totally broke and it's really not worth the trouble.)

10 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    Love the scarf! Great job! Great sock color too. =)

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger Belinda said…

    Awesome scarf!

    Ooh, sock yarn! I'm not brave enough to even try socks yet!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Anonymous Jenni said…

    Great scarf...

    And of course you couldn't resist the sock yarn! I saw you knitting under your desk on Friday! ;)

     
  • At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    Congratulations on the gold! Branching Out looks really nice.

    Sock yarn manufacturers ALWAYS put size 3 needles as the recommended size, do not ask me why. I suppose if you were using it for sweaters that would be about right. Anyway, 1's or 0's are probably what you want for thinner yarn. I did find a pair of 0 circs this weekend that you could borrow, but no 1's. Strange...they are probably hiding somewhere.

     
  • At 4:48 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    Congratulations, Kirsten. It's beautiful! And you've moved onto socks! Brave you!! :)

     
  • At 7:07 PM, Blogger Annette said…

    Gorgeous! The sock yarn is fabulous....

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger KariA1 said…

    That is a beautiful scarf!!!!

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    Your scarf looks fabulous! Congratulations!! :D

     
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger ginny said…

    The scarf is gorgeous and congrats to you for finishing your Olympic knitting on time. The sock is looking great too.

     
  • At 12:20 PM, Blogger Haze said…

    Beautiful Scarf! The socks look like they will be toasty warm and the colours are happy colours :)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home