Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Medic!

Over the last 4-5 days, every member of the Small household has gone through a 12-hour stomach bug. Owen's over it. Andy's over it. Chuck got over it without even throwing up. Me? Still feeling kinda crappy. Because, you know, I'm the one with a boss breathing down my neck about a gazillion things and Olympic knitting haunting my dreams. So it figures.

Speaking of Olympics knitting, I hereby send my apologies to Robert Palmer:


I might as well face it, I'm addicted to lace.

Seriously, this is so fun (except for the parts when I am painstakingly undoing stitches and swearing under my breath). I get a little rush every time I knit three together and make a leaf. Who knew that lace could be so fun? I must.knit.more. I'm thinking there is a Pi shawl in my future.

Even better, I think I am on pace to finish it by the end of the Olympics. I figured I need to do two pattern repeats a night to get it done in time; even without knitting two nights in a row, due to feeling yucky, I am almost on that pace (I have eleven repeats less one row; I need to be through 12 by the end of this evening. No sweat.)

In other fantabulous news, Andy has been accepted at Stone Academy, so we've got the First Grade thing figured out. Yay.

13 Comments:

  • At 2:21 PM, Blogger JudySC said…

    SO pretty Kirsten! I want to do it tooooo...but I'm struggling through my first pair of socks, as in first sock, as in casting on for the 4th time.sigh. But you're inspiring me!!

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger KariA1 said…

    That is very pretty!! I love the color!

     
  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Norma said…

    Very, very pretty. I'm only lukewarm, myself, about lace knitting. Everyone else seems to love it, but I just do a lot of cussing when I'm knitting it! Congrats on your boy getting into the school you wanted.

     
  • At 3:06 PM, Blogger Belinda said…

    Beautiful!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Blogger Valerie (grvlgal) said…

    That scarf is looking fantabulous!!! And congrtalations on Andy getting accepted! :)

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Karoline said…

    Your scarf is looking gorgeous Kirsten, I've been thinking about this pattern for a while. You and Annette have convinced me that I need to knit it :)

    Congratulations to Andy on getting into the school

     
  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    Karoline, you should go for it. I printed each odd row on a separate 3x5 card, and I flip through them as I knit the pattern repeat. Also, I count my stitches at the end of *every* row, to make sure I've got the right number.

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    Your lace looks fab! I love the color you picked.

    Yay for Andy getting into the school of choice! :D

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    Yay! Congratulations to you and Andy, Kirsten. And lovely work!

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger Annette said…

    I'm two pattern repeats behind you since I didn't knit on it last night!

    I love the 3x5 card idea! I also count my stitches at the end of each row but I've gotten good at recognizing where I am based on what I've done in the center section to keep me on track :)

    Pi Shawl? I have my pattern and yarn for it already...do I see another KAL for the two of us in the near future? lol

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    That is very pretty! It is coming out so nice. :)

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Blogger Haze said…

    Gorgeous! You're doing a great job :)

     
  • At 3:50 PM, Blogger Suz said…

    Congrats for Andy!

    Holy Moly is that a beautiful scarf! I wish I could knit like that!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home