Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

D is for Discipline

As in, Lenten discipline. Lent is fast approaching (well, it's here for most, just not for me--not until Monday), and I've been thinking about how to spend this period of fasting, prayer, and almsgiving. And while I was thinking about it, I found this:



(Annie is not confident of her button-making skills, but I think it's lovely.)

And since it was an idea I had already been toying with, I decided to plunge in--during Lent and Holy Week, I will knit for others. Specifically, I will knit for cold kids in Mongolia, through the Dulaan Project (D is also for Dulaan.) I'm aiming mostly for hats and mittens, but I may toss in a vest or sweater for a littlun. You never know.

Other news: I'm over my cold, thank goodness, and I plan to ask for Monday off. Not sure if I'll go to Asheville, though. Current weather reports are for very cold and potentially icy, which is not something I want to drive in, much less walk around in.

Update on my Mom: She has finished with chemo, and they're giving her a couple of weeks to get her strength back before starting six weeks of radiation. She is impressively upbeat, although very, very tired. If all goes according to plan, my parents will be able to visit for Andy's birthday in July, which would be a wonderful gift for all of us.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:24 AM, Anonymous Judy said…

    Glad you are over the cold, and that your mom is doing better. I din't know it was going to be that cold next week...this weather has me all confused. Yesterday we turned on the A/C for a minute, it was so hot in the house.

    Have a happy birthday Monday, whatever you decide to do!

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger KariA1 said…

    Gald the cold is getting better! Yay for your mom's finish with Chemo! I'll keep her in my thoughts.

     
  • At 6:20 PM, Blogger Katie said…

    I found your blog when I was looking through the list of comments for the 40-days KAL. Glad to meet a fellow Orthodox Christian observing Lent! I'm also going to work on Dulaan stuff.
    -Katie

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home