Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday update

I was going to title this blog entry "Friday Randomness" because I plan to talk about two unrelated things--my knitting and Chuck's employment--when I realized that these are precisely the same unrelated things I blogged about on Wednesday. So, instead it's an update.

As for the employment thing, Chuck is employed. He'll be working part time for a law firm that does plaintiff's work in employment discrimination and employee benefits. Let's all give him a big "Way to Go!", shall we?

And as for the knitting... Well, if I'd cast on for the second sock, that would be an update. But I didn't, despite almost overwhelming temptation. Instead, I did some Dulaan knitting. Here ya go, bad pics and all...



That's Thomas the Tank Engine, wearing a jaunty red scarf I made out of Plymouth Encore. Maybe it was just the needles I was using (Bryspuns, for the very pointy tips with which to do cables), but I detested making this thing. The yarn was *very* squeaky. Ugh. And I have several more balls of it, in that same cherry red color. If you want it, let me know--I'll be happy to send it to you.



Here is another blurry picture (why yes, I did have a largish glass of wine last night after the kids went to bed, why do you ask?) of a had for Dulaan. I perched it on Bosco the cat for visual interest. Bosco is drinking out of the faucet because he only drinks running water, and those self-replenishing water dishes do not fool him. Thank goodness, he is very polite and does not actually lick the faucet. Ugh.

As for the hat, it's made in some kind of Lion Brand something with a fairly decent amount of wool. Love the colors, and I have another 1/2 ball left, so I'll probably do another one of these at some point.

And finally...



That's about 1/4 of this hat. I've done four pattern repeats of the lace but I'm almost out of yarn, so I had to order more. The dye lots probably won't match, but I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.

The weekend looks to be fun. After a massive round of housecleaning tomorrow, at least Andy and I are going to an Indian (as in India) cultural fair. I've had samosas and nan on the brain all week. Then Chuck and I have a babysitter so we can go to our favorite dead beast restaurant (yes, I know it's Lent, but they gave me a coupon for my birthday. I'll have fish, I promise.) Then church on Sunday and hopefully some gardening.

Have a good weekend, everyone!

3 Comments:

  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger Terri said…

    Way to go Chuck! I work in the same type firm and I love it.

     
  • At 9:17 PM, Blogger Tammy said…

    Thomas and Bosco both look very handsome modelling your knitting - congratulations on the finishes! And major congrats to Chuck on the job, I really hope it works out for him.

     
  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger Belinda said…

    Congrats to Chuck on the job!

    Lovely models for your knitting!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home