Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Happy birthday to me...

My 37th birthday was yesterday, and it was quite fabulous. Really, the whole weekend was great.

Friday, my friend Marla came over for dinner. She and Chuck and I had a nice time, when Owen wasn't totally flirting with her, which he did during most of the evening. We had birthday cake for dessert.

Saturday, I got out in my garden and took a few good whacks at some really ugly bushes that have been bothering me for ages. Said bushes are now mere stumps in the ground, to be removed by Chuck and replaced by a forsythia or two and some nice ground covers. I had a nice long walk with my friend Ellie. Then Chuck and I went out for a yummy dinner and a nice browse, after which we came home and had more cake.

Sunday, looong church day, then playing with the kids and chatting with the neighbors. There was some brief grumpiness on my part (seriously, why do boys always want to play games that involve throwing things at my head? I don't get it.) but it resolved by dinner time. And there was more cake.

Monday, day off. Since I spend Mondays with TW, I stitched on "Above the Clouds" most of the day. It went something like this:

At 10:00 a.m. Chuck walked into bedroom and says, "I thought you said you weren't going to sleep all day." I got up, showered, and drank tea and stitched until noon. We went to lunch at my favorite Thai place, then did a little grocery shopping. I stitched again until about 2:00, when we nipped out to Barnes & Noble for a book I had promised Andy, and a Frappuccino I had promised myself. Then home for more stitching, interrupted only by a phone call from my friend Kelly. Feed/bathe/bed children, stitch more, with a glass of wine. Go to bed.

That, my friends, is a mental health day. I needed it desperately, and it did the trick. I am so renewed and refreshed that when I had a dream this morning about my boss telling me to get my a$$ to work, I actually laughed about it.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    A belated happy birthday to you Kirsten! Your weekend sounds like it was fabulous, restful, and more than well-deserved. :)

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Rani said…

    A belated happy birthday! I'm so glad you had a great day. =)

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    Belated happy!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 8:30 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Sounds like a great birthday to me.

     
  • At 11:48 AM, Blogger ginny said…

    Happy belated b'day. Glad you got the day that you needed.

     
  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Gosia said…

    Happy belated birthday!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home