Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

I feel so ... unsatisfied.

I should have known it was a mistake to use the word "consummate" in the same sentence as "car purchase" in yesterday's entry. Using that word always makes me feel a little bit naughty, given (a) its usual use in the context of romantic relationships, and (b) the fact that I have a puritanical streak a mile wide, despite my repeated and vigorous attempts to stamp it out.

So anyway, the car dealer woman promised me the car would be at the dealership, ready for me, on Wednesday (that would be yesterday). My plan was to go to work in the morning, pick Owen up from school at 10:45, and head home until Chuck got off work at 12:00, where upon he and Owen would drive me to the dealership and I would drive back to work in my spiffy new car.

That is not what happened. What actually happened was that I spent two hours trying to get hold of the saleswoman, and when I finally did she brushed me off and told me she'd get back to me in an hour. (N.B. to salespersons: do not give a customer your cell phone number and then get huffy when you are called on it. It pisses me people off.)

When she finally did call me back, the story was that the car was not quite in the port in Jacksonville (strange ... last week she told me it was coming from Atlanta) but that--and seriously, I am quoting here--"I can definitely tell you that it will probably maybe be here on Monday, the 24th."

Probably maybe? Seriously? And she used the phrase at least three times, which leads me to believe (a) she actually thinks it means something, or (b) she's being, shall we say, less than forthright about the location of my car. Hmmmmm.

In any event, I am still schlepping around in the Honda, and definitely will be until probably maybe sometime next week.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Judy said…

    I would probably maybe find another car dealer. I would ABSOLUTELY tell the saleswoman I was thinking about it! Wonder how fast your car would appear from Jackslantaville then??

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    Talk about half-assed. Someone's doing a half-assed job of it at a certain car dealership. I'd probably maybe do exactly what Judy said.

     
  • At 8:52 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    "Definitely probably maybe." *snort* Gotta love it.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home