Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Tadaaa! I actually finished something!

Two somethings, actually--a couple of hats for the Dulaan Project.

Something Number One:


A simple little hat, knit in the round with Lion Brand Wool. I loved the colors (the picture shows them pretty well) and the way that they sort of spiral up the hat (which the picture does not show so well). The yarn is very nice--better than I usually expect from Lion Brand. Springy and soft, not at all splitty. Also, great yardage in the skein--I have a ton left over after knitting this hat.

Something Number Two:

An even simpler hat, knit in Paton's Classic 100% merino. I knit the body flat, then seamed up the back and grafted the top with pink yarn to add some color. Then there are the tassels (obviously) and the band of single crochet at the bottom, which kind of messes with the ribbing but not enough to make a difference in how the hat fits.

I'm also plugging away on the baby blanket. I'm not bothering to take pictures because (a) it's not much to look at on the needles, and (b) I'm thisclose to being done, and I'd rather just take pictures when it's all finished and pretty.

In other knitting news, I met up with some fellow knitters last night at the brand new humongous Barnes & Noble. We had a great time, and I look forward to getting together with these ladies again.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Norma said…

    Cute hats ! I wish I could see the black one better. (it looks so adorable!) The photo is teeny and doesn't click bigger. Damn Blogger.

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Seahorse said…

    They're lovely Kirsten - and such a worthwhile cause!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    We've got a brand-new-enormous-B&N? Where??

     
  • At 2:54 PM, Blogger Kirsten said…

    Judy, it's on Woodruff Road between 85 and 385, where alllll that new development is going in.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home