Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Hey, Mr. DJ!

I am in need of a musical interlude.

You know what a musical interlude is, right? It's the bit in the movie where our hapless protagonist fixes his car with the help of the cute French girl, or learns to dance with the help of the hip city guy, or studies really hard, or generally goes from ugly duckling to swan.

I need want to lose about 15 pounds, and amazingly enough, it's not coming off when I just sit around thinking about how nice it would be to be a size 8/10 again instead of a size 12/14. I'm willing to do the necessary work--I joined weight watchers, remember?--but I'd really prefer to have it take about 3 minutes while a peppy song is playing.

Failing that, I am declaring May as my personal "musical interlude" month, during which I plan to (literally) work my ass off. There will be exercise, there will be limited quantities of judiciously selected food, there will be gallons and gallons and gallons of Crystal Lite. And at the end of it, with any luck, there will be less of me.

As of Monday, I was at 156. We'll see where I am on May 31.

Cue the music ....

4 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM, Anonymous Melanie said…

    Lol... we always call that a 'montage' - a la 'Eye of the Tiger' in Rocky. Go Kirsten!

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Darla said…

    Go, girl!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 6:11 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said…

    I love the montage moments... it's funny, but I'm at about the same weight, and I also want to lose 15 pounds. I lost 8 pounds during the first 2 weeks of the South Beach diet back in January (have you tried it?) - but put it all back on due to major stress. I'm going back on it soon. Good luck to you - you can do it! Oh, and thanks for stopping by my blog, BTW. Glad to hear you liked Divakaruni's "Arranged Marriage."

     
  • At 2:21 PM, Anonymous Summer said…

    I'm with ya, girl. I have 30 pounds to lose!!!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home