Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Sorry.

I was all set to write a cute and funny blog entry today about how we all got a bit crisped at the pool this weekend, but then I found out that a member of my church, a young man with a wife and baby girl, had emergency open heart surgery, and he's not doing well.

So, I'm sure you'll understand that I don't feel cute and funny at the moment. I'm mostly worried about this young man and his wife--dear God, I cannot imagine what she is going through right now. And I am praying, because that is the only thing that I can do at the moment. And even though I know it is the most powerful thing I can do, it still feels so very inadequate.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger pattiblaine said…

    ((((Kirsten)))) Completely understand. Hope your sunburns heal quickly, and that all is well with this young man and family asap.

     
  • At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Judy said…

    I know how you feel. These things are so unfair, like my friend's baby's illness, that it just takes the breath out of you. I hope there is some improvement soon.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Jenny said…

    I hope there is some improvement soon too - I'll even say my own little inadequate prayer. ((Kirsten))

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Karin said…

    Good thoughts sent to you and to the family involved. I hope there is improvement in his condition.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home