Things that Go BUMP in my Mind

Knitting, stitching, reading, gardening, cooking--I have no time for any of it.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Two movies! No, scratch that...

A movie and a half.

Andy and I went to see "Over the Hedge" on Saturday. Cute movie, appropriate for little kids. No real scariness, little or no potty humor (I can't recall any at the moment), and while there is some adult humor, it all went right over Andy's head. One thumbs up from me.

Last night, Chuck and I attempted to watch "Finding Neverland." Oh my, how I love Miramax pictures. Films that actually, say, develop characters and allow moments to linger when a half-second jump cut would suffice in any other production. Beautiful costuming, beautiful acting, beautiful dialogue. Le sigh.

Which is why it was all the more disconcerting when the DVD just STOPPED smack in the middle of the whole shebang. Movieus Interuptus. No. Fun. Our attempts at resuscitation failed, so the disc will go back to Netflix for a replacement, and Kate Winslet's "chest cold" and Johnny Depp's failing marriage (with a lovely Liverpudlian accent) will have to wait for another day.

3 Comments:

  • At 9:12 AM, Blogger Karoline said…

    I was watching Finding Neverland last night as well and we had a iffy DVD as well (at the begining for us)most be something going round.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger Glenda said…

    Ugh! That's terrible. "Finding Neverland" was such a good movie.

     
  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger Erin said…

    Ack!! What a terrible time for the DVD to poop out! It really is a very good movie. I'm like you, I tend to be a huge fan of Miramax films.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home